No matter where we operate, from farms, or mines to ports and construction, our tires are made to deliver on strength, durability and performance.
Understanding the needs of the users, the terrain they work on, and the economics of their industry – are vital to creating a tire that works, both for and with them, raising levels of efficiency and productivity.
Driven by the core technologies of tire design, engineering, material development and process engineering, we deliver tires that increase the efficiency of the vehicles and the people they work with, while being gentle enough to protect the crop.
Our state-of-the-art Testing Centers, Institutional and Field Testing protocols ensure that only the highest quality tires partner with you on the field. Our focus on quality is built on 3 pillars of technology:
Working with world-class institutions on advanced material technology, our material development team helps engineer:
- Materials that are environment-friendly, promote low heat build-up and high mileage
- New reinforcing materials and steel wires to suit different applications
- Application-specific compounds that maximize tire performance
- Green material development for a cleaner environment
To aid material modeling, advanced simulation techniques like FEA ensure optimal performance as early as possible in the design cycle.
These techniques help us study the effect of load, inflation pressure, friction, tire profile and construction etc. on the characteristics and performance of the tire such as:
- Soil compaction
Design & Development Focus
Performance and quality are cornerstones of our design. The design journey of the off-highway tire begins from the ground up where we examine the terrain and listen closely to the users’ needs and insights. We then use TQM (Total Quality Management) techniques to convert these needs into attributes. These are further articulated into product specifications.
All requirements are then converted into engineering metrics and put through a wide gamut of Computer Aided Engineering protocols, which include: FEA Simulation, Vehicle System Modelling, Virtual Prototyping, Styling and Aesthetics.
Typically, before a tire is released, it is subjected to a full product lifecycle scenario simulation, including virtual testing, endurance, life and durability, until an optimized design is achieved.
Once produced in the factory, the tire is subjected to gruelling lab and field tests. And only then does it reach the customer.
At CEAT, we’re committed to prevent pollution, injuries and illness under the guiding principles of our Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Management System. This EHS System is an integral part of our business processes - our employees and stakeholders are committed to, and consulted on all EHS activities.
In addition, CEAT Specialty is an ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 certified company.
EHS Policy Mandates:
- Meet or exceed all applicable legal and other requirements related to the Company’s Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) system, and environmental impact management with regard to all its activities, products and services
- Conduct risk assessments, audits, inspections and take all remedial measures to mitigate OH&S hazards and environmental issues arising out of plant operations, within and around the plant
- Ensure that all employees are aware of their roles and responsibilities to fulfil and sustain our OH&S and Environment Management System and Policies
- Strive to create products that are safe in their intended use, while conserving energy, water and materials; including the prevention of pollution throughout the product life cycle comprising design, manufacture, use and end-of-life management
- Design, manage and operate our facility to maximize safety, promote energy efficiency and protect the environment
- Provide adequate resources to support our OH&S and environment safety initiatives
- Ensure focus on pollution prevention, waste minimization and optimal use of natural resources
- Assess competence of individuals in the area of OH&S and environment during recruitment and career advancement
- Ensure that each employee, contractor, transporter, supplier and visitor complies with all the OH&S and environment safety rules and regulations framed for the plant
- Encourage environment protection among suppliers and contractors
- Continuously monitor and improve our EHS performance through established policies and procedures.
Quality Assurance System
CEAT's Quality Assurance System is based on the ISO 9001:2015 quality management system and in-house QBM standards that cut across all prevalent quality tools to ensure the 'First Time Right' (FTR) principles on processes and products.
The CEAT plants are certified for
- IATF16949 : 2016
- ISO 9001 : 2015
- ISO 14001 : 2015
- BS OHSAS 18001 : 2007
CEAT has also been awarded the coveted quality accreditation of the Deming Prize for successful implementation of TQM processes in its management philosophy, scope/type/scale of business, and management environment.
The key focus areas are
- Customer satisfaction
- Proactive quality: ‘First Time Right’ – process and product
- Robust NPD release process – 3 stage approval on quality, cost and delivery
- The establishment of stable and capable processes
- Continual improvement – Kaizens and Quality Improvement Projects
- Robust process and product audit controls
- Robust change management controls
- End-to-end quality covering the supply chain, manufacturing and the customer.
Quality Based Management
QBM is followed at CEAT as a principle of management for the entire organization. It consists of philosophy, systems, tools and techniques from Total Quality Management (TQM), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Toyota Production System (TPS).
The primary objective is to align people on 3 major focus areas:
- Promoting quality thinking in the organization
- Developing organizational culture and values based on TQM principles
- Becoming customer centric in setting objectives and targets
Plant & Machinery
Our new state-of-the art greenfield plant is bolstered by high quality machines from renowned European and other international manufacturers.